Blog page help

An area for members to share experiences and find help with using ArtWeb

PostBlog page help

by tinamammoserart » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 am

I have so many questions about this page and haven't had a response from admin.

Hoping to move over from blogger.com for SEO reasons, but a few things are odd. Can anyone help?

1. My name appears again at the top of the main blog page, below the site banner which is... my name. So a double name is strange. And I can't see where the blog page is getting this from to use it as a sort of second/sub title? The code providing it is under a body class setting:
<div id="pageTitle">
<h2>Tina Mammoser</h2>
</div>
But this doesn't appear anywhere in my html screen, or my page options. So I have no idea where to access this source code. (which I perfectly capable of doing if I could find it)

2. Width of text - is different than the rest of the site. All my pages have 600px wide text areas. The blog page is wider unless I add a photo to the post (which then forces the width setting) but I can't see any individual place this setting might be. Not all my blog posts have photos, they might be links or embeds - for example my first one has a Vimeo video. I could 'cheat' and put a white holder image when there's no blog image but that seems terribly 1990s.

3. Comments? I've enabled comments, but there is no link to leave one. How do I turn this on properly? My blog is quite active with comments on blogger and I don't want to lose interaction.

4. Blog feed? Where is this? If I put the URL link from the blog page onto my reader it subscribes to image updates to the whole site EXCEPT BLOG POSTS.
tinamammoserart
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Blog page help

by admin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi Tina,

Thanks for posting your concerns. I'm sorry to hear you tried to email us before but didn't get a response. I checked our archives but we haven't received any emails from you recently. You should be able to reach us at: support@artweb.com

Regarding your questions:

1) For this template you can hide that particular h2 header if you use the new control panel and do a (advanced) css edit:
* Login
* switch to new control panel by clicking 'Try the new control panel' in the blue bar on top
* go to pages -> click on edit to the published blog page
* click on the HTML source button ie. "< >"
* paste in this:

<style type="text/css">
#pageTitle { display: none; }
</style>

* Save Changes

2) That's just the layout for this theme - the blog section doesn't have the short central column like on this page: http://www.tina-m.com/geology-drawings
But all text and gallery pages do. You can't remove this column, it's part of the theme.

3) To turn comments on you need to enable the master comments enabler on as well. This can be done here:

* Login to your control panel
* Click 'Comments' in the menu on the left
* Click 'Comment settings'
* Tick 'yes' next to 'allow comments'
* Save changes

4) The blog feed is:
http://www.tina-m.com/artist-blog/rss
The image feed is http://www.tina-m.com/feed/
admin
Site Admin

by tinamammoserart » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks so much! That's great. :)

One last question...

Is there a way to make the date of the blog post the date it's actually published? Instead of the date it's first drafted?

I publish every Thursday with my main articles, but of course they take some time to draft. So unfortunately today's post is mistakenly dated Monday (when I drafted it - since it took several hours to draft) and appears on the main blog page before the mini post I did write on Monday.
tinamammoserart
Forum Newbie

by admin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi Tina

This was a bit of a weird setup indeed.

We changed it and now the publishing date will be the date when the publish button is pressed. Not when it's drafted.

Many thanks for reporting this issue!

BTW: If you have any more questions, please email us at support@artweb.com and we will be glad to help you personally
admin
Site Admin